Platos Closet - Bad service and bad judgement

229 of 271 Platos Closet reviews

I went to platos closet in Ann Arbor michigan and brought a brand new homecoming dress from Windsor and lightly worn neon pink vans that I cleaned before bringing to the store.They offered me only four dollars for my brand new almost 100 dollar pink sequined glittery homecoming dress that was worn for only one hour and they refused to even take my vans because there was a small discoloration of the white rubber (which you couldn't even see).

I declined the offer and started looking around the store, soon after I found white shoes that had dirt all over them and the logo on the shoe was ripping off and they looked like garbage, platos closet was selling these trashy shoes for 18 dollars! My shoes looked brand new And they didn't even make an offer! I brought it to the attention of the buyers and they told me that the person who bought those white stinky shoes doesn't work for them now.

So why were those shoes still 18 dollars?!I am furious i am at the point where I will not be selling or buying from this location if something doesn't change.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Buying Process
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #524341

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Platos Closet? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 3 No 3
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
229 of 271 Platos Closet reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Alice

Mar 02 #1121088 Vancouver, Washington, United States

I had the same problem girl. I brought in name-brand clothing that were in EXCELLENT condition that were turned down. I really could not understand it. So I look around their store and find nothing but ratched *** "clothing" I would be embarrassed to even sell for 50cents out of my garage. When I say this, they've got jewelry with their fake stones OBVIOUSLY missing, t-shirts with bleach stains, jackets that are without their zippers, and purses that look like the family dog used it as a chew toy just to name a few. I don't know HOW these teen girls are trained to decide what to take and what not to take but I don't see how they're going to stay in business for very long at the rate they're going.

0 0 Reply

Oct 23, 2015 #1052878

You didn't lose anything. Don't want only $4 for your dress? Shop other consignment stores. And your shoes are worth what someone will pay - & you should simply find someone who will pay you something for them - EBay, Craigslist, etc.

0 0 Reply

Aug 24, 2014 #860948 Los Angeles, California, United States

Plato's Closet has a bad rep anyway. I wouldn't do business with them. BTW: the shoes and dress are really cute.

3 1 Reply

Aug 24, 2014 #860902

Don't go back, problem solved.

3 1 Reply
anonymous

Aug 22, 2014 #860161

I had the same problem

2 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Platos Closet. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Platos Closet.
Filing a new complaint about
×