I had a very similar experience in Atlanta,Ga.Took several pairs of True Religion and Rock Revial jeans in.

One pair still had the tags. If you know anything about these designers then you know they are VERY expensive, over $100. I wasn't expecting what I paid but I also wasn't expecting to be insulted. I was offered $20 for 2 pairs of the Rock Revial and told that my jeans, with the tags, were worn looking and dirty.

Nothing about either designer has a Dirty LOOK.

I was shocked!!! I said, "That's okay" and took all my items. Then several ladies and their kids walked out the store with me and asked if they could purchase them from me. They were willing to pay $65-$75 for one pair.

Shame on you Atlanta for not knowing your customers and insulting them as well.

NEVER waste your time trying to sell to Plato's Closet.They really have no fashion clue.

Preferred solution: Need better training and customer service.

Had an Experience with Platos Closet?

Comments

Honestly I know you may think it's rude, but in order for them to sell clothes cheap, they're not gonna waste money by buying it for $75, then turn around and sell it for $20 they'd be loosing money.You're supposed to bring clothes in that you don't really care about anymore, so you're not gonna be insulted when they 1.

Decline the clothes, or 2.Try to buy them off of you cheap.